Monday, March 3, 2008

Ah-ha!

I was going to start my review of Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich today, but I had such an experience that I though I should share it with everyone.

This was an Ah-ha experience.

After joining Fortune Hi-Tech, I was a little worried that I would not have the proper training to do the Network Marketing in the way I wanted to do it. I don't want to bug my family and friends into a business they really don't want to be in and then subjugate them to people who demand that you get more and more people under you so you can meet your quotas, so you can get your bonus.

I understand where the sales techniques come from and I understand that the up lines want you to make money like they did, but I was a little uncomfortable with that type of sales technique. I'm uncomfortable with it, because it's not me. One point made in their training video, and it's a good point, is that if you are not excited about your product, the perspective recruit can tell.

Well, the reason I'm not comfortable with selling to people I know is, everyone I know, knows I'm not a sales man and any sales presentation I give to friends and family would seem disingenuous and I am not a disingenuous guy. Or I try not to be.

The mantra of the training I saw was close the sale and get people under you. But, all I knew was I wanted another way. I was feeling a little depressed, wondering what I had gotten myself into.

Then I thought of Talk Shoe, that internet radio sight with many talk shows. The Focus Society can be heard there as well as many other great informative shows. I did a search on Network Marketing and came across "The Network Marketing Nooner." It's a collection of 15 shows all about Network marketing. Kim "Mr. Kim B." Bolte interviews giants in the Network Marketing Industry and picks their brains to find out the best secrets.

He interviewed Suzanne "the MLM Mom" Fulford on one of the shows, and that is where I had my ah-ha. She told the story of how she got into the industry in the first place and how she was trying to sell the way the companies wanted her to sell. She talked about how she never had any success in it. She felt the way I was beginning to feel, because it seemed I was heading down this road.

Then she began selling her way. She began stressing Relationship Marketing and helping others get what they want. She didn't need to say any more. There it was. The Long-Talked-About-But-Rarely-Ever-Seen-Coveted-Golden-Ah-ha! That very moment, I knew, that is what I wanted! I want to help people! I want to make others lives better! That's it!

I have a dream of becoming a professional speaker, and with this way of thinking about the network marketing industry would not only make it more rewarding and easier for me, it would lead me into public speaking as well.

I, then, went through the rest of my day with a little bounce in my step and feeling a heck of a lot more positive. I still don't know where Fortune Hi-Tech is going to take me, but things are definitely looking up.

I'm excited about my future in the company, but I still have a lot to learn. Things such as marketing my web site, www.fhtmus.com/michaeld. Sorry, I just had to do it. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'm all ears!

3 comments:

Km said...

Michael, Thanks for the great mention in you blog. You made my day.
You also mentioned The Focus Society of Overachievers on TalkShoe that has to be my favorite TalkShoe show. I listen off line now due to other obligations but no one should miss it.
This is a great blog (Going in my RSS reader for sure.)You have a natural writing style, very easy to read keep the great posts coming.
Kim Bolte

Anonymous said...

Michael, I love your ah-ha moment! Isn't it great when we know we should be doing something but don't know how to do it and then BAM! it hits you. Congratulations for being open to receive it. Thanks also for your comments on my blog richvosler.com. I greatly appreciate it and I never saw myself in networking marketing again either (after a 8+ year stint with Amway/Quixtar). Anyway, it's a great business so stick with it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your writing, it's quite inspirational. I'll be back soon to read more :)
Thank you also for your comment on my site http://createyourfuture.wordpress.com/