Friday, February 29, 2008

Oh, the Changes!

I mentioned yesterday that there where some interesting developments in the lives of my family and myself. I figure I should explain. I talked about what had happened in the past few months in an earlier blog, but I’ll talk about it again.

Back at the end of September, I was laid off from my job in Lancaster PA. I used the philosophies I learned from Napoleon Hill and Charles Haanel and applied massive action to my problem. I decided that I would start work on the following Monday. My wife thought I was nuts, but I went head long into making that come true.

Ultimately, I did miss my goal; however, I did accept a job the following Thursday and started work that Monday. This being laid off has turned out to be a great blessing. I now have a job that pays more and that I really enjoy doing. In the past, whenever I started a new job, the honeymoon was over after about two weeks but here it is, nearing six months at this job in Lititz Pennsylvania, and I still am exited about going to work.

Some other things that have developed are, I realized I have some experience that may be useful to other people. Besides the last two jobs, I also held positions at three other companies. I have a bit more experience at job searching then the average person, so I began putting together a presentation on the subject. I have a rough draft together now and am doing a little more research before going forward with it.

Then, of course, there is the reason for this blog. LeCount Holmes came to me with the idea of Fortune Hi-Tech back in the beginning of the summer. Although, I was not interested at the time, I have since decided that I should get another stream of income.

In this case, I decided on Fortune Hi-Tech because, I’m comfortable with the product and I have three successful mentors to refer to right off the bat. The fact that one of those mentors is in Reading Pennsylvania area is not too shabby either.

Here’s my point today. I know the power of what Napoleon Hill wrote about in Think and Grow Rich. I have felt it and seen it in my own life throughout the past few months. It is amazing how anyone can change their lives just by following the thirteen steps that Napoleon Hill outlined in his book.

Thinking about this gets me more excited about writing about his book. I’d like to start right away, but I believe I need to wait until my view numbers are a little hire so I can help more people experience what I have.

I’m taking off for the weekend. I’m spending a little time with my wife and four boys. Have fun with your own family and see you Monday!

No comments: